I know that people mean well. I know that people are good hearted, very good hearted, and are only trying to help. But offering to babysit for me, the mother of a newborn, no thank you. So many women have offered to babysit and have said it in a tone of "so you can have a break or go do something fun". What?? Really? Need a break? Do something fun? You can't be serious? Need a break from the most amazing, most beautiful baby on the planet? No thanks. Do something fun? What is more fun than snuggling with my baby girl and making her smile and listening to her coos? Why would I need a break from that? She is not a burden or a bother to me that I need a break from her. I enjoy having her with me--all the time. I waited nine months for her to be here (actually, much longer than that), so why would I want to "have a break from her" once she gets here? I don't want to miss one moment with her. I like taking her with me to the grocery store, Target, the mall, wherever. I love dressing her up, carting her around, wearing her in my moby wrap. One lady even told me that I "needed" to take a break from her and basically told me I was unhealthily attatched if I don't. Whaaaa? That's like telling a new bride on her honeymoon to "go ahead, you need to have a girl's night out. Take a break from your husband." That's insanity. No, I want to spend every moment with my bebe. ...At least for now. I'm sure that in a few months, who knows, maybe in a few weeks, I'll desperately need an afternoon or evening off. But not now, no thank you. I am a new mother of a precious newborn who is changing daily and there is nothing wrong with me for not wanting to completely hand her over. The truth is, I do share her (which is what this is some about, I know), a lot. Between visiting family in Odessa and family visiting here and Kaylen being a church baby, she gets lots of love from lots of people. She is loved on at church on Sat., at lifegroup on Tue., at Hybrid on Wed., we are always having people over for dinner, going to someone's house for dinner, or meeting up for lunch with a buddy. Which is good, I like it this way, but for now, that is enough of a break for me. Don't get me wrong--again--I know that many people who have suggested this "much needed break" for me are either wanting to spend an evening with the babe (who doesn't like to cuddle with sweetness and get to smootch on yummy baby cheeks and get gummy smiles from the cutest toothless bundle around?), are concerned about my well being or are simply making themselves available to me, which is sweet and I appreciate and I will definitely keep it in mind ;), but for now--no thank you, I'll enjoy this time of babymoon
.....wait, who's available this Friday night? ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment